What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer by the software/program used to browse the Internet. These files are essential for the provision of Web services. They are used to store information about: browsing patterns, preferences in the configuration of web applications, statistics of visits and social networks among others. They can also be used to identify the user.
Depending on who manages them:
- Own cookies: These are the cookies managed by the owner of the website.
- Third party cookies: Cookies are managed by a computer or domain not managed by the owner of the Web.
Depending on how long they are active:
- Session Cookies: They only work while the user is browsing the Web.
- Permanent Cookies: These cookies are stored on the visitor's computer for a defined period of time and are accessible during this period.
According to its purpose:
- Technical Cookies: They are those that allow the User to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Functional Cookies: They are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which he or she accesses the service, the regional configuration from which he or she accesses the service, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the Users of the websites to which they are connected. The information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Location cookies: They are used to find out where a user is when they request a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used, for example, to provide appropriate information depending on the country in which you are located.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the most efficient management of the advertising spaces available on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the service requested or the use made of our website. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
What cookies we use?
How to manage Cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on their device.
This process is different depending on the web browser you use on your computer or mobile device, but the vast majority have tools that allow you to set whether you want cookies to be automatically deleted when you close the application, or permanently disabled. Therefore, for your convenience, we provide the following links to learn how to configure the most common browsers:
How to disable Cookies in Google Chrome
How to disable Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
How to disable Cookies in Microsoft Edge
How to disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
How to disable Cookies in Apple Safari
How to disable Cookies in Opera