BRQ - Business Research Quarterly is the official journal of ACEDE (Spanish Academy of Management). Born in 1998 as Cuadernos de Economía y Dirección de la Empresa (CEDE), it soon became the leading management publication in Spanish thanks to its strong academic reputation. The journal was indexed in the SCCI in 2008, and it is published in English under the new title (BRQ) since 2014.
BRQ provides widespread coverage of high quality research in a broad range of topics such as human resource management, organization theory, strategic management, corporate governance, managerial economics, marketing, finance or operations management. It is therefore a multidisciplinary journal inspired by diversity and open to methodological plurality. Our main concern is that articles have strong theoretical foundations, meet the highest analytical standards, and provide new insights that contribute to the better understanding of managerial phenomena.
BRQ-Business Research Quarterly (ISSN:2340-9444, Oline ISSN: 2340-9444)
Call for Associate Editors. BRQ - Business Research Quarterly is seeking candidates for Associate Editors. The term of office is expected for a period of four years.
BRQ needs applicants with specific skills in at least one of the following areas: Strategy, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Family Business, Innovation Management, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Accounting and Marketing. On the one hand, they will conduct peer review of manuscripts according to the Editorial Policy and, with the Editor-in-Chief and other Associate Editors, make autonomous publication decisions on assigned manuscripts. On the other hand, Associate Editors will suggest and participate in initiatives to increase the visibility of BRQ among current and potential readers.
Essential qualities sought from candidates include the following:
• A strong record of high-quality international publications.
• Extensive experience as a reviewer for business and management journals.
• A wide scope of interests and skills to handle article submissions with very diverse problem statements and methodologies.
• A proved capacity to keep good records, maintain with authors and reviewers a constructive and respectful relation, and enforce the highest ethical standards.
• Demonstrated administrative skills, capacity to handle a demanding workload and to meet deadlines.
• Must be prepared to contribute to the success of the journal through attendance at editorial meetings and representing the journal at events and to institutions.
• Must have methodological expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
Send a short CV focused on your publishing, reviewing and editorial experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
, and add a brief statement outlining the interest in the position, the relevant experience in other boards or international committees as well as a description of your editorial vision for the journal. Please, write “Call for Associate Editors” in the email subject line. The deadline for this specific call is February 28th 2022 (applications for Associate Editors, however, are welcome at any time). A search committee, guaranteeing the anonymity of all candidatures, will review applications. This committee will provide a recommendation to ACEDE’s Board for consideration. An Extraordinary ACEDE Assembly, to be held in June 2022, will approve the final proposal.